Last modified: Apr 14, 2023
WELCOME TO HOMEWORK18!
TECHNOLOGIES AND PRINCIPLES
At Homework18, we pursue ideas and products that often push the limits of existing technology. As a company that acts responsibly, we work hard to make sure any innovation is balanced with the appropriate level of Data and security for our users. Our Data Principles help guide decisions we make at every level of our company, so we can help protect and empower our users while we fulfill our ongoing mission to organize the world’s information.
A. Homework18, a company duly incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013, (“Company” or “we” or “our” or “us” or “Homework18”). The Company owns and operates the Homework18 website (“Homework18 Website”) and the mobile application Homework18 application (“Homework18 App”) (Homework18 Website and Homework18 App are collectively referred to as “Homework18 Platform”). The Company through the Homework18 Platform offers cricket based online fantasy games and linked services (“Service(s)”) to its users (“User(s)” or “you” or “your”).
1. YOUR CONSENT
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 We collect the following types of information from you when you register on the Homework18 Platform and use our Services: any information that exclusively identifies you for e.g., your name, email address, mobile number, date of birth, display picture, social media account ID (where provided by you), postal address, Permanent Account Number (PAN) and bank account details. In some cases, for options such as virtual private rooms for Contests (as defined in the Terms & Conditions), you may provide us with personal information of another person, for which we assume you have consent from such person to share their information with us. Further, we collect non-personal information, which is information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as, information about your interests and demographics.
2.2 We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on the March 1, 2023 2 Homework18 Platform. We use this information to do internal research on our User’s demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our Users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the platform that you just came from, which platform you next go to, your computer/ mobile browser information, your Internet Protocol address, and other information associated with your interaction with the Homework18 Platform.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 While providing you access to the Homework18 Platform/ Services, we collect the following category of personal information: (i) information you give us, (ii) automatic collection of certain information, and (iii) information from other sources including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
3.2 We, on the Homework18 Platform, also collect and store personal information provided by you, including but not limited to your
|Precise/approximate Location||We may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device). Collect and monitor information about the precise location of your device is provide better serviceability, reduce risks associated with your account on the Homework18 Platform and to provide customised offers/ Services.|
|Ancillary information||To provide access to the features offered through Homework18 Platform and to verify your identity, secure your account details, you may need to give us the permission to capture, record your device information, operating system information, network information, location information.|
|Contacts or Accounts||Collect and monitor contacts and accounts information to detect references and accounts information to autofill data during processing your requests for value added services. We are not storing any of your contacts or accounts information on our systems.|
|Financial SMS||Collect and monitor only transactional SMS about bank transactions to help us perform a credit risk assessment. No personal SMS is stored and collected.|
|Device, Phone states and Logs||We want to inform you that whenever you use Homework18 and Services, in case of an error in the app we collect data and information through your phone called Log Data, phone states. This Log Data may include information such as your devices’s device ID, operating system version, phone number and configuration of the app for confirming your identity for future activities. This information is only using for tracking valid referals/usages to preventing bad activity in our platform. When utilising Homework18 and Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.|
|Others||As may be explicitly required and requested from time to time.|
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve our Services including: providing, delivering, processing transactions related to us; measure, support, and improve our Services; provide recommendations and personalization; comply with legal obligations; communicate with you; marketing; fraud and abuse prevention and credit risks; other purposes for which we may seek your consent.
4.2 Personal information about our User is an important part of our business. We share personal information for the following purposes with the authorised vendors/ affiliates only:
- Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, for delivering hardware, sending communications, processing payments, tabulating fantasy points, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance, conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. With your prior consent, these third party service providers shall have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of us and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, in response to any duly authorised legal process, governmental requests, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, interests, property, or security of the Company, our Users, or others.
- At your option: Other than as set out above, we shall seek your consent when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
5. LOCATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
6. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Non-personally identifiable information is information that does not identify a specific end user. This type of information may include things like the URL of the website you visited before coming to Homework18 Platform, the URL of the website you visit after leaving Homework18 Platform, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol address, type of device etc. Such information may be used by us to analyse trends and gather demographic information, etc.
7. COLLECTION OF INSTALLED APPLICATIONS
We collect a list of the installed applications’ metadata information which includes the application name, package name, installed time, updated time, version name and version code of each installed application on your device to assess your credit worthiness and enrich your profile with pre-approved customized Services.
8. HOW WE SECURE INFORMATION
Your Security is our highest priority and we design our systems and protocols with your security and privacy in mind, and in furtherance of the same we ensure the following:
- We maintain a wide variety of compliance programs that validate our security controls.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from the Homework18 Platform/ Services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
9. THIRD PARTIES
Our Services/ use of Homework18 Platform may include third party links to other websites and/or applications. Such websites are governed by their respective privacy policies, which are beyond Homework18’s control. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services. Homework18 is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
10. ACCESS AND CHOICE
You can view, update, and delete certain information about you, your account and your interactions with our Services/ Homework18 Platform. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Our Services/ Homework18 Platform include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used wherein you can choose not to provide certain information.
11. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
12. CONTACTS AND NOTICES
If you have any concern about privacy or want to contact our data controller(s) please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. You may also contact us at the addresses below:
- Recognizing you when you sign in use our offerings. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our offerings.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, relevant to your interests on Homework18 Platform and/or third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our offerings.
13.3 You can manage browser Cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable Cookies, and when Cookies will expire. If you disable all Cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer Cookies to your browser.
13.4 If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To understand the limitation of liability applicable on Homework18, please refer to the Terms & Conditions Terms & Conditions.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The governing law and dispute resolution shall be as provided under the Terms & Conditions Terms & Conditions.
16. ACCOUNT AND OTHERS
- * www.Homework18.com in order to provide its users with complete range of its services collects certain information from the users. The information collected includes but not limited to contact information including, phone number, email address, postal address and other personal information such as data of birth, first name, surname, etc., required to verify the identity of the users.
- * The personal data collected will be used only for internal purposes and the personal data will not be shared with any third parties or the personal data will not be sold to any third parties. Information such as contact information and postal address may be shared with service partners so as to fulfill the service as in the case of product shipping and delivery.
- * The personal data collected in this website may be used to understand the website demographics and the data may be used to devise future marketing plans.
- * www.Homework18.com does not send spam mails to the users. However, service related communications and newsletters may be sent to the registered users from time to time to keep the users up to date with the website’s services.
- * You are free to update your account information anytime you like, though certain aspects of your account information such as your username may not be changed as this information is used to identify your account.
- * www.Homework18.com has taken all the required security measures to provide you with a secure online platform. You are however required to keep your computer protected from viruses and other malware programs to prevent data loss and security issues. www.Homework18.com does not use or promote any malware programs.
- * All the financial information including credit card, debit card information will be held confidential and no third parties will have access to such information.
- * In case of the termination of the accounts you should contact the support team with your account termination request. Your request will be processed promptly and your account will be terminated within a reasonable time period.
- * www.Homework18.com will not reveal the contact details and earnings of an user to other users or visitors on the site.
- * If there is any Technical Problem, until we solve it you have to co-operate with us.
- *You may use graphic and text links both on your website and in emails. The site may also be advertised “offline” in classified ads, magazines, and newpapers. You may use the graphics and text provided to you by us, or you may create your own as long as they are deemed appropriate according to the conditions.
- * www.Homework18.com does not share any data collected from the users with the other users of the website what so ever. Also www.Homework18.com does not send any emails or make phone calls asking for any other personal information. You are required to report such mails or communications to www.Homework18.com to protect your own interests.
- * www.Homework18.com and its services are not meant for minors. By making use of this website you guarantee that you are aged 18+. Our website does not collect or store information of minors.
- Homework18.com built the Homework18.com app as a free app. This SERVICE is provided by Homework18.com at no cost and is intended for use as is.
- This page is used to inform application visitors regarding Homework18.com policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use Homework18.com Service.